Coronavirus (Covid19) Updates for Parents
In light of the national situation regarding Coronavirus, we continue to monitor the updates and advice from the Department for Education, Department of Health, Public Health England (PHE), and the Foreign and Commonwealth Office.
The health and wellbeing of all our students and staff is of paramount importance to us and we understand that information on social media can be concerning. Therefore, please continue to check for regular and reliable updates directly from the school on this matter. Please refer to this page for the latest information, including useful links with advice and guidance relating to Coronavirus.
- The government plans are that all students, in all year groups, will resume full-time schooling from September 2020, unless alternative arrangements for their education are already in place.
- If your child is not able to attend school for any reason, please contact the school in the normal way by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling the main school number (Tel: 01392 204082) before the start of the school day. If a child does not attend school and no contact has been received from parents, we will call home to clarify the reason for their absence in the usual way. It is really important that an accurate record of the reasons for absence is kept so please provide as much detail as possible.
- We appreciate that these are exceptional times and each case of prolonged non-attendance will be treated individually, within parameters set by, and in consultation with, the Local Authority.
- If you have been on holiday to any area requiring quarantining upon return, please complete the full period of quarantine before your child is sent to school. Please notify us of their absence due to quarantining.
- Students must remain at home if they or a member of their household has covid-19 type symptoms.
- If a child develops Covid-19 type symptoms whilst in school, they will be taken to a designated isolation room and we will call parents/carers to request that the child is collected. In line with government guidance, the student will be advised to self-isolate for 7 days and members of his/her household for 14 days.
- Any students presenting with Covid-19 systems, at home or at school, will be required to book a test without delay. The school must be informed of the outcome of the test on receipt. In the event that the test is negative, the student will be able to return to school, if they are well enough to do so.
If your child is sent home with symptoms, or is found to have had contact with someone with symptoms, please refer to our guide for actions needed to be taken by you and your household.
COVID 19 Advice for families and staff requiring self-isolation Sept 2020
A reminder of key contact points:
COVID19 or reporting self-isolation
Free School Meals
General school enquiries
Covid19 – Safeguarding Policy
July 10th Update
July 3rd Update
June 26th Update
June 19th Update
June 12th Update
June 5th Update
Update for Ted Wragg Trust Parents and Carers
May 22nd Update
May 15th Update
May 12th Update
May 7th Update
May 1st Update
April 24th Update
Year 11 Update April 23rd
April 17th Update
April 9th Update
March 27th Update
March 20th Update
March 19th Update
March 18th Update
March 17th Update
March 16th Update
Letter to Parents 13 March 2020