COVID19 – Year 10 Parent Update 09.06.2020
We are very much looking forward to welcoming our Year 10 students back into school from next week and attached below is a practical guide detailing how we will do this. Also attached is a key facts sheet specific to the student group which your child will be part of (all will become clear when you read the guide). An email or text message will be sent to you confirming which group your child will be in.
Our focus in preparing for students’ return to school has been twofold:
- to ensure the learning environment was as safe as possible for students and staff;
- to ensure students’ time at school and their contact with teachers was optimised so as to build on their home learning, inject new energy into their studies, and help them to feel prepared to start Year 11.
I would like to reassure students that no formal assessments (such as mock exams) will be conducted during this period.
I appreciate that many of you may be apprehensive about sending your child back to school and I do hope that the practical guide will help to alleviate some of this. Please consider the national guidance when sending your child to school:
- Eligible children – including priority groups – are strongly encouraged to attend their educational setting, unless they are self-isolating or they are clinically vulnerable.
- No one with symptoms should attend a setting for any reason. If someone in their household is extremely clinically vulnerable, children should only attend if stringent social distancing can be adhered to, and the child is able to understand and follow those instructions.
- Families should notify their school as normal if their child is unable to attend so that staff can explore the reason with them and address any barriers together.
- Parents will not be fined for non-attendance at this time.
Thank you for your continued support. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you feel you need to once you have read the attached documents.
Miss Aimee Mitchell, Headteacher