Results Day arrangements 2020
We are now in a position to confirm arrangements for Results Day 2020.
- Examination results will be emailed to students by 9am on Thursday 20th August 2020.
- Results will be sent to students school email accounts only. If your child is not familiar with accessing their school mailbox, instructions can be found approximately half-way down the page at https://iscaexeter.co.uk/school-life/google-classroom/under the “Isca email instructions” heading. If your child cannot access these emails in advance of results day then please contact school by telephone for a password re-set to be sent.
- If your child is not able to access their email account results can be collected by appointment only on Thursday 20th or Friday 21st August. Appointments can be booked online from Monday 17th August (please see below).
- Printed results will be posted home to the students at the end of the day on Friday 21st August unless collected in person when attending a booked meeting with staff. Please note that it will not be possible for students or parents to come into school just to collect printouts of the results.
- If you or your child have any questions about the results, you will have the opportunity to book a meeting with a member of the school’s leadership team through our Groupcall parent meeting booking system. It will not be possible to book appointments before Monday 17th August.
- During the meeting, our staff will be able to clarify the process through which the results were obtained, how to appeal and/or to request to re-sit an examination in the Autumn, and the steps for your child to access their further education place. Please note that the specifics of your child’s results will not be discussed.
- Appointments will last no more than 15 minutes each and will be available during the following times:
Thursday 20th: 10.30am – 5.30pm
Friday 21st: 9.00am – 3.00pm
The appointment booking system will remain open until midday on Friday 21st August.
- If you have questions upon receipt of the results, we would request that you book an appointment rather than calling or emailing the school as all our staff will be involved in post-result meetings, which is likely to delay a response reaching you. Please note that conversations with staff will take place by appointment only.
- Meetings will be held in the school’s atrium. On arrival, students and parents should queue in front of the school reception at a safe distance apart. Please only join the queue close to the time of your appointment as you will not be able to come into the building earlier. On entering and exiting the building, parents and students will be asked to clean their hands with the hand sanitiser provided. Safe distancing between staff and parents/students will be respected throughout. Meeting tables will be clearly numbered 1-7; please make your way to the number allocated to you on entry to the building.
- To limit queuing, the timings of appointments will be strictly adhered to. Should the 15 minutes allotted not be sufficient to answer your questions, a subsequent telephone conversation may be arranged at the time of the meeting.
- It will be possible for your child to collect their printed results from school if they are accompanying you to the meeting. If your child is not present, you will need to bring photographic ID to collect the results on their behalf.
If your child is looking to join Exeter College as their next step, please find this information Exeter College GCSE Results Day Advice for Students 2020 from the Exeter College team, which will hopefully reassure them and clarify next steps. The Exeter College GCSE results helpline will be open from 8.30am on Thursday 20th August should students have any questions about their chosen course once they have received their results. The number to ring will be: 01392 400555.
Mrs Jan Taylor, Isca Academy’s Mentor and Transition Co-ordinator, can accompany students to their college enrolment if another adult/family member is not available. If your child requires this support, they should contact Mrs Taylor at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange this as soon as they receive enrolment details from their post-16 provider in the course of August. As the enrolment process can take up to three hours, there is obviously a limit to the number of students which Mrs Taylor can support on any given day so please contact her as soon as you can if you require her assistance.
Year 11 Leavers Hoodies
Hoodies will be available to collect from school on Friday 17th July between 10am and 12 noon.
Year 11 Parent Updates
Year 11 Grades 2020
Ofqual have published an Ofqual letter to students and a short video Ofqual Grading in 2020 Information for Students . These offer further clarification on how grades have been compiled and are particularly targeted at students.
We hope that our students will continue to contribute to our school community, even when they have moved on to pastures new, and would like to invite them to think about joining our Isca Academy Alumni. They can do so simply by signing up to the Future First network at:
Through Future First, students can stay in touch with the school as they go through the next stages of their life. Not only does this provide an opportunity to remain connected with their former teachers and peers, it also allows them to inspire and help the next generation of students by sharing their insights into secondary school and beyond. It is also a nice addition to any CV! Students can be involved as much or as little as they would like, so do encourage them to sign up and stay part of the extended Isca Academy community.
We remain on hand to answer any questions you or your children may have, so please do not hesitate to contact the team, either directly using their email addresses (available on the school website) or by contacting the main school reception.