At Isca Academy we regularly review our curriculum and endeavour to construct one which meets the needs of our diverse student body, whilst ensuring that it is broad and balanced along with a high level of challenge. Our offer is both inclusive and demand led. Enriching students learning experiences beyond the classroom is also an integral part of our curriculum offer and life at Isca Academy. We have a rich tradition of providing outdoor education opportunities, after school activities as well as educational trips, visits and events.
In every aspect of learning we provide wider opportunities for personal and social development, designed to improve student confidence, resilience and teamwork, as well as to enthuse and inspire our students.
Significant examples of our wider curriculum offer are:
- Student Leadership Opportunities
- Ten Tors
- The Duke of Edinburgh for All Scheme
- Royal Marine Cadets – CCF Unit
- A week long Year 7 residential trip
- Book & Film Clubs
- Writing workshops
- Wildlife Champions
- Exe Valley Challenge
- Exe Valley Extreme
- Isca Underground – Performing Arts Showcase
- Theatre visits and workshops
- Sports teams and development opportunities
- Musical tuition, clubs and workshops
These opportunities, coupled with an inspirational and relevant curriculum, build the skills and attributes necessary to become resilient, successful learners and highly effective citizens.