Online learning help guides
If you are encountering difficulties, please refer to the help guides below. The most common issues are answered within these guides and will be quicker than asking for support. Students have also been shown these instructions in school.
1) Help to access Google Classroom, Office 365 email, Sparx, Tassomai and Class Charts: click here. (This guide should also be within your knowledge organiser.)
2) Help to find, complete and submit work: click here. (This ensures work is seen by teachers, marked, returned. It also helps ensure registers of student attendance and engagement are correct).
3) Help to log into Google Classroom: click here. Help videos are also available here.
4) Help to join a new class in Google Classroom: click here. Help videos are also available here.
5) Help to use Google Classroom after logging in: click here. Help videos are also available here.
6) Help showing each step to access Office 365 email (we do not use Gmail for email): click here.
7) Help to access Google Meet: click here. (Google Meet is used for teachers to provide virtual lessons where entire classes are absent. Students will be made aware of virtual lessons, when these apply, through their class pages in Google Classroom.)
These systems are used within and managed by individual departments. Please follow the relevant instructions and contact your teacher if you need further help.
8) Logging into Sparx: click here.
10) Logging into Quizlet: click here.
11) Logging into Educake: click here
11) Logging into MathsWatch: the username and password are posted in Google Classroom alongside any work which requires accessing MathsWatch.
12) Accelerated Reader and STAR Reading (Years 7 & 8 only): all of the necessary details are posted in your English Google Classroom.
If have any questions or queries regarding:
· Use or access of the Google Classroom platform
· Curriculum content
· Support for students with additional needs
Please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Forgotten passwords & technical faults
Should technical difficulties arise, or if your child forgets or uses the incorrect password, please email email@example.com.
a) the student’s full name
b) the school name
c) the student’s year group
d) the name of the system they are trying to access
e) a moderately detailed description of the fault.