Curriculum Statement of Intent
The curriculum is much more than just lessons. It includes the ethos, attitudes and relationships which create the family life of our school. Our aim is to provide a broad, balanced and rigorous curriculum that meets the needs and aspirations of every young person and leaves them well prepared for their future.
The Travel and Tourism curriculum at Isca introduces students to one of the fastest growing industries in the UK. Students will be given the chance to gain a broad knowledge and understanding of, and develop skills, in the travel and tourism sector. This may lead to the potential opportunity in the future to enter employment within a wide range of junior job roles across the sector.
The curriculum intends:
- To develop an understanding of the different aspects of the Travel and Tourism sector within the UK.
- To develop employability skills such as self-management, teamworking, communication, basic literacy and the use of IT.
- To encourage students to become reflective learners who are able to invite feedback from others and make changes to further their learning.
- To equip students with extended writing skills.
- To develop learners who are aware of roles within the Travel and Tourism sector to prepare them for a future potential role.