Curriculum Statement of Intent
The curriculum is much more than just lessons. It includes the ethos, attitudes and relationships which create the family life of our school. Our aim is to provide a broad, balanced and rigorous curriculum that meets the needs and aspirations of every young person and leaves them well prepared for their future.
The Mathematics curriculum is planned to ensure that all students have a strong foundation of numerical skills required for the workplace and the ability to solve problems creatively.
The curriculum intends:
1) To develop knowledge, skills and understanding of key mathematical methods and concepts. These include fluency in the 6 main strands of mathematics:
c) Ratio, Proportion and Rates of Change
d) Geometry and Measures
2) To equip students with the skills to approach and unfamiliar problems by applying standard & novel mathematical techniques.
3) To improve students’ mathematical reasoning so they can make deductions, inferences and draw conclusions.
4) To give all students opportunities to develop the quality of their written mathematics so that they can write logical mathematical arguments.
5) To develop students’ love of learning mathematics by providing consistent stretch and challenge & rich extracurricular learning opportunities.
6) To enable all students to be numerate and stretch those who wish to undertake further study in Mathematics at A Level and beyond.
|Curriculum overview: topics studied during each stage of the year.||Roadmap: an overview of the subject in a single image.|