Starting your journey as an Isca Scholar
Transition from Primary to Secondary School is a key milestone in young peoples’ lives and we recognise it can be both exciting and daunting.
At Isca academy, we are committed to providing our young people and their families with a smooth and supportive transition programme so your Isca journey starts positively and ambitiously.
We are delighted that you will be joining our Isca community and can’t wait to welcome our new Isca Scholars.
Our Scholar’s Transition Pledge
We feel very proud to be part of the Ted Wragg Trust an ambitious and inclusive Trust of schools strengthening our communities through excellent education, transforming lives and making the world a better place. Our comprehensive and supportive transition process helps to ensure that the move between primary and secondary school is a positive, personal and smooth process that recognises the needs of each individual child.
Our pledge to you for transition at Isca Academy
We will do everything we can to ensure that every child has the best possible transition. We will stay in contact with all Primary schools and provide contact details so communication can be effective.
We will provide every Isca scholar with exciting opportunities including:
- A video introducing and preparing every scholar to secondary school life.
- Every scholar will receive a book by the time they start Isca to promote a love for reading.
- An opportunity to complete an extended writing task – introducing themselves to their new tutor, what their hobbies are, what they are looking forward to about starting at Isca and what they are worried about.
- An introductory Maths course via our exciting and highly successful SPARX programme. ‘SPARX Maths’ (SMVC/ Sparx Maths virtual classroom).
- A Knowledge Organiser ‘Getting to know your school’ and instructions on how to use cover, write check to check what your child has learnt about Isca.
Parent / Carer checklist:
- Book onto one of our open events to experience our thriving academic environment and see our Isca scholars in action.
- Talk to your child about the transition process. How are they feeling about moving to Isca academy? What would they like to know?
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com where we will collate your emails and create a ‘frequently asked questions’ document to share on our website.
Dates for your Diary
Wednesday, 12th July 2023: 4.30 – 6.30pm: Welcome Evening for all of our new Year 7 Parents and students
Thursday 13th and Friday 14th July: Transition Days for our new Year 7 students
If you have any questions about starting at Isca Academy, please email them to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get back to you as soon as we can.
The following staff can be contacted if you have specific questions:
Mr James Bass, Assistant Headteacher, responsible for Transition email@example.com
Mr Samuel Black, Head of Year 7, firstname.lastname@example.org
Miss Karen Moore, SENDCo and responsible for enhanced transition, SEND@iscaexeter.co.uk
Ms Alice Cuffley, Transition Administrator, email@example.com
Please navigate to our uniform page.
Our letters and Information
We will keep copies of all the letters and information that we send out to you so you can refer to it here if you need to.