Parents have the facility to log into our homework system and view this along with other information about their child, such as attendance and reward points. Log in details are sent home with students. If you require any assistance please contact the school.
Parents can log in here: /www.classcharts.com/parent/login
Homework is the provision of appropriate tasks/work that is given to students to undertake outside of the classroom in order to further enhance their learning. Homework is an essential part of the teaching and learning process and supports students’ progress. Homework is significant because it teaches responsibility and helps students develop good study habits. In addition, homework can help to reinforce learning from within lessons, stretch and challenge student’s knowledge gains and helps prepare students for their future learning.
Setting of homework
In years 7 and 8 homework is set as follows:
- Core(Maths, English & Science): a minimum of 30 minutes per week
- All other subjects: a minimum of 30 minutes every 2 weeks
In years 9,10 and 11:
- Core(Maths, English & Science): a minimum of 1 hour per week
- All other subjects: a minimum of 1 hour every 2 weeks
We place a great emphasis on the completion of all homework. Therefore, failure to do so will result in the following sanctions:
- Failure to complete or hand in homework on time = re-submission date given to you by your teacher
- Failure to complete or hand in your homework on the resubmission date = Tuesday break time detention
- Failure to attend break time detention and complete your work = Tuesday after school detention 3:15 – 4:15.
Parents will receive a text message via Groupcall informing them if their child has unfortunately been placed in a one hour after school detention for failure to attend a break time subject detention.