Isca Academy is part of the Ted Wragg Trust which is the admissions authority.
The Local Governing Board have determined to operate admissions on the same basis as that used by Devon County Council for Community Secondary Schools.
Some admissions functions will be delivered by the School Admissions Team of Devon County Council under a traded service agreement.
Ethos of the School
Isca Academy is a unique, vibrant and highly successful learning community. Isca is first and foremost a place of learning, but we strive to ensure it remains a friendly and safe environment in which young people grow and gain confidence, being challenged to achieve their potential. Our aim is to prepare students, no matter what their starting point, to be successful, confident and independent learners so that they are able to achieve and be successful in a rapidly changing and competitive adult world.
Visiting our school
We welcome visits from parents and children considering applying for a place here.
This is an opportunity to see what we have to offer. Visits are not a compulsory part of the admissions process and will not affect decisions on whether a place can be offered at our school however they do give a valuable insight into life at Isca. If you would like to visit our school, you should contact the school to make an appointment. Our open evening and open mornings for prospective new Year 7 students are held in the Autumn term, for details please see our Open Evening page. Visits at other times of the year are always welcome. Please contact the main office to discuss available dates and arrangements for these 01392 204082.
Applying for a place at Isca Academy
Whether the admission is a normal round secondary transfer or an in year admission all parents must make an application for their child to be admitted to a state-funded school or academy using a Common Application Form from Devon County Council.
If you would like more detailed information about admission to secondary school in Devon, including selection and over-subscription criteria and an explanation of the process of applying for a school place, please visit the school admissions pages on Devon County Council’s website or call the Education Helpline on 0345 155 1019.
- Read the Devon County Council Step By Step admissions guide
- Apply on time for your school places, the deadline to apply is the 31st October at 23:59
- Apply online at www.devon.gov.uk/admissionsonline
- Consider using all of your 3 preferences and rank them accordingly.
- Consider how you will get to school should you get a place. Information on transport can be found here Secondary school transport Archives – Education and Families (devon.gov.uk)
- Check your designated school here ArcGIS Web Application (devon.gov.uk)
- Visit the Devon County Council webpages for lots of information relating to the secondary transfer process Apply for a secondary place – Education and Families (devon.gov.uk)
- Contact the Devon County Council admissions team on 01392 383829 if you have any questions about the admissions process or you want further advice.
Admissions policy for 2025-26: Annual Consultation
Along with all our schools and academies in Devon, we are consulting on an admission policy for 2025-26. The Local Authority is also consulting on its admission arrangements. You are invited to look at the proposals which are based on policies for this year and next year and have your say.
The consultation runs until 12 January 2024. Policies will be determined by the end of February and published in the same places by 15 March next year. You can comment at email@example.com.