At Isca Academy we use email to send most information home, and text/phone for more urgent communication. All parents and carers should keep us informed of any changes to their contact details.
Copies of general letters sent home are kept on the Isca Academy website for you to view or download. You’ll find them in the ‘Letters Home’ section.
We have now moved our communications to Bromcom (our Management Information System) via “My Child At School” and parents/carers will receive emails/SMS from email@example.com – please check your junk/spam folder if you are not receiving these.
We may use our contact system to advise you of the following:
- Emergency notification of closures
- Advise/acknowledge that your child is absent from school
- Changes to meetings and after school events
- Notice of detentions issued to your child
- Parents evenings – bookings can be made online
- Expected time of arrival when returning from a school trip
- Upcoming special school events
- Invitations to a meeting
- Notification of Reports being sent home
- General information about what is going on at school
All text messages sent from school will have the name of the school displayed at the top of the message. We will be able to see when the message has arrived in your phone and so we will know you have received it. If we are asking for information, you can respond to the text in the same manner that you would do with a standard text message – this will not cost you anything; the return text charge is paid by the school.
My Child At School app
More information to follow.
Most communication and letters home are now sent out by email. This saves us a lot of money in printing and postage and means information comes direct to you rather than getting lost in the bottom of a school bag. Copies of general letters sent home are also kept on the Isca Academy website for you to view or download. You’ll find them in the ‘Letters Home’ section.