Learning from Home
We want to reassure you that we have plans in place to support you and your child should they need to be learning from home for any period. We understand that this will be a challenging time for families and want to reassure you that the school will do everything it can to minimise the impact on your child’s learning.
To ensure that students continue to be successful in their education, it is important that students carry on with as much work as possible during their time off site. When at home, we want students to log into Google Classrooms and follow their school timetable, this will ensure they remain in a regular routine and they continue to receive a broad and balanced curriculum. We have exemplified this below:
On a Monday Week A (AMon)
- Period 1: Science – they will log into their Google Science Classroom and work for an hour
- Period 2: English – they will log into their Google English Classroom and work for an hour
- Tutorial – we suggest they engage in independent reading for 30 minutes
- Break – they take a break away from their working environment of 30 minutes
- Period 3: History – they will log into their Google History Classroom and work for an hour
- Period 4: Art and Design – they will log into their Google Art and Design Classroom and work for an hour
- Lunch – Break – they take a break away from their working environment of 30 minutes
- Period 5: Maths – they will log into their Google Maths Classroom and work for an hour
- Homework – they follow their normal homework schedule
You will receive an email / letter containing their school timetable and a set of codes for them to access each Google Classroom. At the end of each week, students will be asked to complete a short ‘quiz’ to test them on the knowledge / skill they have acquired. The completion of the quiz will show their teacher that they have accessed the work and will also indicate any misconceptions so that these can be addressed in subsequent lessons. If your child is not accessing this remote learning provision, you will be contacted by their Head of Year to discuss how we can best support your child.
We have shown students how to do this in school but we have also included a number of help guides below.
Instructions to access other online learning systems including Sparx, Tassomai and Class Charts are available here.
Online learning help videos
Some of the above guidance is also provided in video form here.
Of course, not all families will have access to the internet and if this applies to you, please let us know and we will provide your child with an alternative.
We have also produced a guide for parents to assist you with supporting your child with home learning, which we hope you will find useful. This document can be found below.
Isca email instructions
Instructions to help students access webmail can be found here.
Should your child forget or use the incorrect password, these can be reset by emailing email@example.com. Please include the student’s full name, school, year group and details of the system they are trying to access.